A Great Family Destination

Thursday, November 29, 2012

The 2012 travel season is rapidly coming to a close here in the Northeast. Because of the winter weather (and heating expense), most places shut down for the season. It's too bad, really, because I love to travel during the autumn and early winter season. The weather is usually perfect -- it's after the agonizing summer humidity but before the snow starts. Oh well. These days, I'm expanding my sights and have a few out-of-state destinations coming up for the 2013 season. I've never been west of the Ohio River, and I want to see the county a bit more. Of course, our travels will still be very "history" based. We love historic sites and museums and other related family vacation destinations. I want the kids to see some of the highlights of the United States, particularly the Rockies, the Mississippi river and the Gulf Coast area. I saw the Gulf of Mexico as a girl, and it remains one of the highlights of my life. What a glorious area! I would SO love to take the kids on one of those Mississippi river tours, or walk the sandy-white beaches and see the turquoise-tinted waters. It's so lovely. The Mississippi tourism website is spectacular -- not only do they list attractions, but they also list events and special deals. The photos of the region are so tempting!

How about you? Do you have any special vacation desires? Have you been to the Gulf Coast? What special thing do you remember about it?

Just so you know, I am being compensated to mention the website in this post. The opinions expressed here are 100% mine!

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.